About the job
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and with over 25 years’ experience, we are proud to be recognised as a Global leader.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. With our expertise, we can offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer journeys and experiences that drive business growth.
With our Head Office in Columbia, Maryland and offices US wide, we continue to grow at a rapid rate across Europe and Asia. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network, one of the world’s biggest Global media companies.
As a copywriter, you will play a key role in the development of the creative team which sits within Merkle’s customer experience (CX) department. You will be working on key client accounts, writing for all digital touchpoints, from long form website SEO content to email, social (both paid and organic), video and dynamic display banners – as well as helping us come up with concepts.
You will have pin-sharp attention to detail (you’ll know that an en dash most definitely isn’t an em dash), a genuine love of words and an ability to adapt to any tone of voice thrown your way. You’ll be the sort of writer who loves playing around with nuanced ways to convey a message for different formats and audiences; you’ll get a geeky kick out of creating a complex copy matrix, using data to drive your thinking, and learning how copy variants performed in market.
We have lots of accounts on the go, so you’ll be able to juggle multiple projects and manage your time well – but ultimately you’ll enjoy the variety and working under a bit of pressure to focus the mind. You’ll be happy working alone on some projects that only require copy input, but you’ll love working in a team – especially with designers, as you will need to work hand-in-hand with them to bring your copy to life – so you’ll need to be a good communicator, a keen collaborator and able to handle feedback like a pro.
Life as a copywriter at Merkle
- Write copy for all creative outputs, including, but not limited to; long form website SEO copy, email, paid and organic social ads, YouTube scripts, digital display banners and PPC
- Create copy matrices to accompany your work
- Participate in the development of creative materials, from concept to execution
- Translate clients’ marketing objectives into clear, compelling, brand-appropriate ideas and copy
- Ensure that all work meets or exceeds the quality standards of the agency
- Undertake internal work for the business as and when it’s required
A Few Of The BenefitsWhether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too
- Career development through Merkle University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks and mentorship
- Private Medical Insurance, Company Pension, life insurance and other corporate benefits
- A selection of other benefits including ability to buy additional holiday, season ticket loan and 2 volunteer days
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At Merkle, a dentsu company, we believe that creating diverse and balanced teams is not just a moral imperative, it is a business imperative. To help our clients reach millions of different people every day, we need our people to reflect the society that we represent.
We aim to create an inclusive culture where all talent thrives, and we champion meaningful progress in diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) for our people, clients and partners.
DEI is firmly embedded into our shared values – the 8 Ways to Never Before – and our Leadership Framework, which applies to all of our people. And our Global DEI Principles reflect our pledge to be an organisation that promotes wellbeing and inclusivity for everyone – regardless of ethnicity, race, sexual orientation, gender (incl. gender identity and gender expression), age, neurodiversity or physical ability.
We are proud of what makes us different and encourage applicants from all different backgrounds to apply to join us. We are always happy to discuss all flexible and agile approached to working and should you have any reasonable adjustment needs arising from a disability or medical condition to fully participate in the recruitment process, please discuss this with our recruitment teams.
- 2 years minimum working in an agency environment
- Experience in copywriting for advertising is desired but not essential
- Can provide examples of work produced to a brief – both long and short form would be a bonus
- Understands how customers think – and turn that into copy that drives results
- Excellent time management
- Ability to deal with ambiguity; has strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities to align with current business needs
- A self-starter who’s keen to develop and push creative ideas
- Naturally collaborative team player; able to work effectively with others
- Open, talkative demeanor and confident in expressing themselves
- Infectious curiosity and spirit
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.
Please enable the bookmarks plugin to activate this feature.
Apply For job
To apply for this job please visit enna.org.