- Location: London & Remote Hybrid
- Job type: Full time / Permanent
- Salary: £70,000
An exciting opportunity has opened to join the brilliant industry leading business development and marketing team at MG OMD, as the Deputy Head of Business Development. We are looking for an exceptional lead to drive our new business growth, keeping the growth momentum we have at the agency. This is a new position within the team and agency, providing a great opportunity for an experienced new business lead. This is a key role in helping us to attract and win new clients.
The role will be responsible and accountable for the management of all new business pitches and business development relationships – supporting the team, across all deliverables, driving best practice in pitching and consistency across the agency.
We are looking for a confident, curious individual with a strong work ethic. The ideal candidate will have experience leading a marketing or new business function within agency or similar. They will have strong persuasion and influence skills to manage multiple stakeholders. Have strong verbal and written communication skills, be highly organised and be able to manage multiple tasks at any one time.
- Clear and concise communicator – Brilliant communication skills and highly organised
- Growth mindset – A track record of new business success
- Market facing – A track record of ability to build relationships with clients and procurement teams during the pitch process
- Authentic, committed and resilient – Ability to work under pressure and at pace
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders – Strong people and project management skills
- Attention to detail and pursuit of perfection, but knowing when good is good enough
- Inspiring leader – Adept at nurturing, supporting and training a team
- Collaborator- Ability to work well in a team and autonomously
To lead and oversee delivery of all aspects of MG OMDs New Business programme including training, process and prospecting. Working autonomously to ‘get things done’
- To play an “overview” role and continually add value by;
- Shaping content and ensuring it delivers against pitch win strategies and any KPIs set in the brief. To provide oversight to develop engaging and concise presentations
- To create high performing pitch teams and establish clear role and remits and ensure delivery against them
- To work with pitch leads to create compelling pitch win strategies tender documents, pitch theatre and pitch presentations
- To bring out the best in people’s pitch performance and to help pitch leads create a great (winning) pitch experience
- To ensure consistency across all pitches, maintain our “library” of pitch materials that is easily accessible
- Responsible for our new business team and lead the strategy to meet targets including the prospect pipeline
About the agency
MG OMD was founded in 1990 as an independent agency (Manning Gottlieb Media), born out of an overarching ambition to be recognised for producing great media work and to think as differently as possible about media. We were acquired by leading network Omnicom in 1998, becoming, part of OMG (Omnicom Media Group). Since then, we have retained the UK focused expertise and bespoke client approaches of an independent, with all of the brilliance that the OMG network affords us; helping MG OMD become the second-largest media agency in the UK.
We are a team of over 480+ people who are focused on delivering innovative, effective and award-winning work and campaigns which create difference that matters for our clients, including the John Lewis Partnership, HM Government, British Airways, Pernod Ricard, Specsavers, Virgin Media O2 and Nissan.
MG OMD offer a generous benefit scheme ranging from flexible holiday initiatives, study leave, WFH kit allowance and Socials.
Our vision is to be an agency group where difference is valued and everyone is able to thrive in a culture of equality, inclusion and belonging. We are committed to providing a truly inclusive environment, where everyone is able to bring their true selves to work, diverse voices and minority communities are valued, heard and well represented. We will process your personal data in accordance with our Recruitment Privacy Notice which is available on www.omgukcareers.com
If you’re interested in joining the MG OMD team then please click ‘apply now’ below to apply through Enna, one of the team will be in touch within 24 hours.
Please enable the bookmarks plugin to activate this feature.
Apply For job
To apply for this job please visit enna.org.