- Location: Cork
- Job type: Internship.
- Internships will commence from as early as January 2024
About The Role
The SnapDragon Engineering team in Cork, Ireland is seeking interns across our Digital, Analog and Embedded Software Design & Verification teams.
The Cork site is home to a range of digital, analog and embedded Software teams working on cutting edge IP for the latest SnapDragon chipsets.
The team work on IPs related to encryption, power control, graphics, contextual awareness, debug, processing, analog sensing, high-speed connectivity, validation and embedded Software. Each team is working with the latest toolsets and flows on bleeding edge FinFET silicon nodes in 5nm and below.
Team members work directly with architecture, software, measurement and SoC teams in Ireland and other global Qualcomm locations. Successful candidates will have the opportunity to experience how leading-edge ASICs and SoCs in advanced CMOS processes for multi-function mobile platforms are developed and will develop a wide array of skills relevant to a future career in this exciting industry.
Relevant skills include experience with one or more of the following:
- Strong Interpersonal, communications and teamwork skills required
- Design, Coding and Scripting: Verilog or VHDL, C/C++, Python, Tcl/Perl/shell-scripting
- Verification Methodology using System Verilog/OVM/UVM
- Project work with FPGAs
- Knowledge of Low Power Design
- Knowledge of Analog Integrated Circuits
- Knowledge of wireless/wired communications and protocols, graphics/video multi-media, ARM processors or security algorithms
- Excellent computer skills (Including, but not limited to: Windows, Office, Visio)
- Dedication to successful and thorough completion of assigned tasks.
- Enrolled in a bachelor or master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering.
- Coursework in the following areas:
- Circuits and Electronics
- Signals and systems
- Microelectronic Devices and Circuits
- Semiconductor Devices
- Feedback systems
- Digital Integrated Circuits
- Digital Signal Processing
- Low power VLSI
- Semiconductor Physics
- Software Programming
- Prior Work experience is not required
Please note: You must have completed your second year of a Bachelor’s degree and ideally be in your second year of a Master’s Degree
Internships will commence from as early as January 2024
*References to a particular number of years experience are for indicative purposes only. Applications from candidates with equivalent experience will be considered, provided that the candidate can demonstrate an ability to fulfill the principal duties of the role and possesses the required competencies.
If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation during the application/hiring process, please contact Qualcomm’s HR team for assistance. Qualcomm will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, to support individuals with disabilities to be able to participate in the hiring process. Qualcomm is also committed to making our workplace accessible for individuals with disabilities. Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
Qualcomm expects its employees to abide by all applicable policies and procedures, including but not limited to security and other requirements regarding protection of Company confidential information and other confidential and/or proprietary information, to the extent those requirements are permissible under applicable law.
If you’re interested in joining the SnapDragon Qualcomm team in Cork then please click ‘apply now’ below to apply through Enna, one of the team will be in touch within 24 hours.
Please enable the bookmarks plugin to activate this feature.
Apply For job
To apply for this job please visit enna.org.