Azure System Engineer Position Description High Security Services requires experienced, confident and capable systems engineers to take a leading consulting role in upcoming projects for our MoD client. The CGI-led team provide a client-side technical support service providing a broad range of technical and consulting skills, using experienced subject matter experts to support our clients design and delivery of projects and programmes. Numerous projects require additional systems engineering expertise over the coming months.
The role will involve providing SME insight as part of a wider team, acting as a ‘customer friend’ to the clients delivery team throughout the engineering lifecycle. The systems engineer will be expected to lead and facilitate technical engagement meetings with a range of stakeholders, including those from supply-side vendors, and the user community.
HSS advice is integral to our client’s ability to ensure compliance with the requirement, promote best practice, and conduct detailed reviews of the solution/service design. SC Clearance is minimal and will need to be HLC clearable. Your future duties and responsibilities The role involves:
- Providing SME insight and an understanding of the technical requirement and business need, where HSS is acting as a ‘customer friend’ to an MoD delivery team.
- Providing technical assurance through the development of the service/solution.
- The systems engineer will be expected to lead and support technical engagement meetings, ensure compliance with the requirement, promote best practice, and conduct detailed reviews of the proposed design.
- Prior knowledge of ICT and ITSM delivery in Defence are essential for this role.
- Experience of working in the Defence Digital environment is strongly preferred, ideally having also spent time in roles providing advice and support to client teams. An understanding of MoD policy and procedure (e.g., JSP 604) and familiarity with Defence systems at higher classifications is important. The successful candidate must:
- Hold a minimum SC clearance (HLC Clearable)
- Have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in Defence, with proven experience working with systems at AS and S, and an understanding of policies and standards including JSP 604
- Have proven track record in the design, implementation and acceptance of complex ICT delivery projects
- Have prior track record in systems engineering and system accreditation in Defence, for systems at AS and S
Required qualifications to be successful in this role Good all round knowledge of Windows and Linux Azure Stack Hub and Azure Cloud Rocky Linux 8.5 + Windows 2019, 2022 Led a team and supported the team when needed We celebrate and reward our colleagues through a variety of methods, and we promote the health and well-being of our members through a range of programs and activities.
We are also committed to ensuring a safe work environment through the prevention of harmful workplace incidents including physical harm, harassment and violence. Unconditionally inclusive – we know diversity brings a great greater variety of ideas, perspectives and experiences to the workplace.
We actively encourage diversity at CGI and inclusivity is one of our top priorities, with support networks for Parents, Women, LGBT+, BAME, Neurodiversity and Disability. #bepartofourstory #ExperienceCGI #INDCGI Insights you can act on While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of.
This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services. At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow.
If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist. Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Please enable the bookmarks plugin to activate this feature.
Apply For job
To apply for this job please visit enna.org.