We’re looking for experienced Bereavements Advisors to support our customers at Monzo.
At Monzo, our mission is to help money work for everyone. This inclusive approach aims to support our Monzo community and the wider financial services community with meaningful support.
This is an extremely exciting opportunity to join in the growing support we offer to third parties and next of kin as they process the bereavement of a Monzo customer.
We are looking for a person with experience in Bereavements processes in financial services, excellent communication skills and an ability to work with people of all levels and backgrounds.
This can sometimes be an emotionally challenging role, and you will need to show flexibility, resilience, and empathy in order to meet the needs of our community.
What a Successful Candidate Will Doing Day-to-day
- Own the end-to-end journey for the third party as they complete the bereavement process including direct communication with next of kin and third parties. Communicating directly with third parties via email, call or other specific communication needs.
- Work closely with our internal teams to address all appropriate account features and products per case. This will include interconnected legal support, borrowing and savings and alternative account types.
- Meeting targets while receiving and providing continuous feedback.
- Communicate with bereavements team leadership to share opportunities, identify risks and concerns and provide feedback that aims to proactively improve the support we offer.
As a new role, this will be fast-paced with lots of opportunities to be involved in the shaping of Monzo’s bereavements support along with the really great existing Bereavements team.
Salary range £25,000 – £28,000 depending on direct and relevant experience and a huge range of benefits. All Monzo team members get share options as part of their package.
You Should Apply If
- You have past and dedicated operational bereavements work experience such as managing disclosures, and queries involving probate and administration.
- You have financial industry customer service experience ideally with focus on vulnerable customers and complex cases.
- You are well organised, adaptable and able to work under pressure and with ambiguity, sometimes with little supervision.
- You are a self-motivated, resilient, excellent communicator
- You enjoy supporting others and delivering effective and constructive feedback
- You have experience managing bereavements cases end to end, taking ownership over case completion and service level adherence.
- You are a UK resident currently living in the UK and have the right to work in the UK.
- The ability to take and make calls is an essential requirement for this role.
- This is a distributed (work from home) role. You’ll need a safe, private and distraction free environment from which to work. Working hours will be 9am-6pm Monday – Friday.
- You’ll need a solid internet connection (download speed – 10mbps; upload speed – 3 mbps)
- The application process consists of some initial application questions (please take your time, we read these carefully!), a Take Home Task and interview.
- We’ll provide you with a work laptop on your first day. There’s no need to supply your own.
- You do need to own your own smartphone, this will be needed each time you log into our customer support system.
Questions about this role or application process? Head over to our careers page to read our FAQs ( www.monzo.com/careers ), pop a message in the #cops-hiring-ask channel or email us if we need to make any adjustments to the application process because of disability or neurodiversity.
Diversity and inclusion are a priority for us at Monzo – if we want to solve problems for people around the world, our team has to represent our customers. So we need to attract the best talent in the world, and create an environment that supports and includes them. You can read more about diversity and inclusion on our blog.
Equal Opportunity Statement
At Monzo, embracing diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. This is integral to our mission of making money work for everyone.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.
Please enable the bookmarks plugin to activate this feature.
Apply For job
To apply for this job please visit enna.org.