Merkle is a leading data-driven customer experience management (CXM) company that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading non-profit organisations have partnered with Merkle to maximise the value of their customer portfolios.
The company’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive hyper-personalised marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage.
As a Business Development Representative (BDR), you are the key person for the growth and sustainable development of our UK sales pipeline and will work closely with our marketing and sales teams. You will open the door to the biggest accounts in the UK, contribute to all our marketing efforts (events & campaigns) and be a bridge into our key UK Alliance partners.
You will help Merkle sell more efficiently and effectively across the region and understand the prospective client decision-making process and organizational map. Thanks to your proactive way of approaching people, you will have no inhibitions about making the first telephone contact and getting into a conversation and following up on qualified marketing leads. With a curious mind, it is also easy for you to understand customer needs and to align these to the value Merkle can deliver, using business outcomes & ROI insights as the primary conversation point.
Life as a Business Development Representative (BDR) at Merkle
You will drive new business growth for Merkle UK, demonstrating the following capabilities:
- Taking ownership of our UK pipeline and lead generation activities
- Originating and responding to new inbound opportunities
- Driving outbound lead generation activities, such as, marketing campaigns and events
- Liaising with our strategic alliance partners (Adobe, SFDC, PEGA, AWS, Google and Microsoft)
- Supporting Sales Leads with their account targeting plans
- See this as an opportunity to create a pathway to a field sales role
- Analyse customer business goals, objectives, needs, process and existing infrastructure
- Understand the prospect and client decision making process and stakeholder map
- Develop and maintains an accurate, high quality pipeline in SFDC
A Few Of The Benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too
- Career development through Merkle University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks and mentorship
- Private Medical Insurance, Company Pension, Life Insurance, Critical Illness Cover and other corporate benefits
- A selection of other benefits including multiple Wellbeing Days per year, season ticket loan and 2 volunteer days
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At Merkle, a dentsu company, we believe that creating diverse and balanced teams is not just a moral imperative, it is a business imperative. To help our clients reach millions of different people every day, we need our people to reflect the society that we represent.
We aim to create an inclusive culture where all talent thrives, and we champion meaningful progress in diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) for our people, clients and partners.
DEI is firmly embedded into our shared values – the 8 Ways to Never Before – and our Leadership Framework, which applies to all of our people. And our Global DEI Principles reflect our pledge to be an organisation that promotes wellbeing and inclusivity for everyone – regardless of ethnicity, race, sexual orientation, gender (incl. gender identity and gender expression), age, neurodiversity or physical ability.
We are proud of what makes us different and encourage applicants from all different backgrounds to apply to join us. We are always happy to discuss all flexible and agile approached to working and should you have any reasonable adjustment needs arising from a disability or medical condition to fully participate in the recruitment process, please discuss this with our recruitment teams.
What We Are Looking For In You
- 2-4 years of proven business development/inside sales experience
- Background in information technology, professional services or digital agency (know how in Salesforce, Adobe, SAP, CRM, marketing automation and / or customer experience a big plus)
- Experience in end-to-end sales lead qualification – MQL to SQL, Inbound/Outbound, Campaigns & Events
- Knowledge of the inner workings of alliance partners – PEGA, Adobe, Salesforce, AWS, Microsoft, Google
- Excellent written and communication skills are vital
- Highly motivated, well-organized and driven
- Strong ability to do research in a commercial environment through tools such as LinkedIn Sales Navigator and ZoomInfo
- Self-starter with the ability to think quickly
- Knowledge of industry value selling methodologies
- A team player with a strong and confident personality and a positive attitude with great dedication
- Able to take full ownership of the lead generation/qualification process
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.
Please enable the bookmarks plugin to activate this feature.
Apply For job
To apply for this job please visit enna.org.