Reports to: CEO
Responsible for: Marketing Volunteers
Salary: £21,000 (pro rata)
Working Hours: 25 hours
Location: Remote. Occasional travel to East London area required
The Digital and Social Media Officer will work across the organisation to ensure that the charity makes full use of digital communication tools to communicate its key messages to more people.
Duties and key responsibilities
- Regularly schedule and post content on Tapestry’s social media feeds
- Work across the organisation to gather relevant content that reflects the breadth of the charity’s work and delivers the charity’s key messages
- Develop social media strategies to proactively expand our reach and impact through social media channels
- Identify key social influencers who we can engage with to increase social media reach
- Analyse and report on social media interactions and reach on a monthly basis
- Manage the day to day maintenance of the Tapestry website
- Work across the organisation to gather, create and post relevant website content
- Analyse and report on key website metrics on a monthly basis
- Create a variety of multimedia content, such as videos and graphics for use in social media
- Work with the fundraising and services teams to prepare e-communications ( monthly up-dates and event promotions)
- Analyse and report on e-communication effectiveness, making recommendations for improvements where appropriate.
Planning and Strategy
- Advise the charity on current trends in digital and social media and how it can make best use of digital and social media platforms to meet its objectives
- Work with others to develop and deliver the charity’s digital strategy
- Ensure that all digital communications channels work together to maximum effect
- Maintain up to date knowledge of all relevant legislation and trends in digital and social media marketing
This is an outline of the post-holder’s duties and responsibilities. It is not intended as an exhaustive list and may change from time to time in order to meet the changing needs of the charity.
- Represent and be an ambassador for Tapestry
- Be flexible and carry out other associated duties as may arise, develop or be assigned in line with the broad remit of the position
- Maintain and improve competencies through continuous professional development
- Abide by organisational policies, codes of conduct and practices
- Support and promote diversity and equality of opportunity in the workplace
- Treat with confidentiality any personal, private or sensitive information about individual organisations and or clients or staff and Tapestry data
- Any other duties commensurate with the accountabilities of the post
|Skills, Knowledge and Competencies||
Personal attributes and other requirements
- Commitment to anti-discriminatory practice and equal opportunities.
- An ability to apply awareness of diversity issues to all areas of work.
- Commitment to the values and ethos of Tapestry
Tapestry is an innovative charity and ‘not for profit’ social business working to provide appropriate, personalised and affordable care and support for adults and older people in the local community. We believe that everyone deserves the opportunity to live a healthy and connected life regardless of age or ability and our services reflect this vision.
Tapestry’s primary focus is the delivery of preventative care and support to our customers in their homes and in our community hub’s. We pride ourselves at keeping the people we care for at the heart of everything we do and creating a personalised service that enables them to keep their independence and live a healthy and connected life.
Please enable the bookmarks plugin to activate this feature.
Apply For job
To apply for this job please visit enna.org.