We are Cambridge University Press & Assessment, a world-leading academic publisher and assessment organisation, and a proud part of the University of Cambridge.
An opportunity to be a Receptionist with a difference. We are looking for the right candidate to work at our Cambridge Reception desk. As the Receptionist, you will provide a high level of reception service and very warm welcome to our external and internal customers. This role is for 25 hours per week.
The role will be fast paced with no 2 days being the same, predominantly based within our main campus in Cambridge, it will provide all-round experience of our organisation and culture. Working closely with the Reception Manager you will be part of a large diverse team.
- Provide warm welcome to all customers, delivering a consistently high standard ensuring a positive visitor experience and customer satisfaction across our reception desks.
- Referral point for staff and colleagues within organisation, supporting the business by providing contact point to all colleagues as and when required.
- Managing the arrival and security of all visitors and staff to the company, operating badge access system in line with company security policies.
- Provide an efficient switchboard service re-directing all calls received to the correct destination ensuring efficient customer service.
- Delivering high quality customer service in reception administration which includes all relevant inboxes, as well as administration of additional tasks within organisation.
- Administration of meeting room bookings process as required, authorising and overseeing customer focussed meeting facilities, managing hospitality requests.
- Administration of Pool Cars, bikes and parking, arranging bookings.
- For allocated site, ensure all records and information are up to date.
We are looking for a candidate who is experienced in Front of House Operation, promoting a warm welcome policy. Having a pro-active and can-do professional approach to provide a positive visitor experience, being able to multi-task and remaining flexible is key to the role.
- Be an effective communicator with ability to remain calm, friendly and professional when working under pressure during peak times.
- Have a proven experience in a fast-paced People, Hospitality and/or Retail environment.
- Be an experienced computer user.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a comprehensive package of benefits to help with your life both inside and outside of work:
- Generous contributory pension
- 28 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Annual performance related bonus and increases (discretionary)
- Employee discount and cash back scheme at 2,500 retailers
- Cycle scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- Subsidised staff restaurants
- Support for professional qualifications
- Discounted access to the University of Cambridge Sport Centre, along with various other local gyms.
The closing date for applications is 21/06/22 and interviews are scheduled to take place on 29/06/22.
Please note, Cambridge University Press & Assessment is unable to issue sponsorship under the Skilled Worker Visa route for this role as it does not meet the minimum skill and/or salary requirements.
Cambridge University Press & Assessment is committed to being a place where anyone can enjoy a successful career, where it’s safe to speak up, and where we learn continuously to improve together. We welcome applications from all candidates, regardless of demographic characteristics (age, disability, educational attainment, ethnicity, gender, marital status, neurodiversity, religion, sex, and sexual identity), cultural, or social class/background.
We believe that diversity of thought, background, and approach create better outcomes. More importantly, fostering an inclusive culture is the right thing to do, and it’s part of how we achieve our purpose: to contribute to society through the pursuit of education, learning and research at the highest international levels of excellence. Ensuring that anyone, no matter who they are, feels they belong here is an essential part of who we are and the contribution we make to society, and to our planet.
To enable an environment which our people can thrive in, our customers benefit from, and where work complements life, we empower everyone to manage their time and capacity, and to prioritise their wellbeing. That’s why from day one everyone at Cambridge University Press & Assessment can discuss flexible working options to find the best solution for them and their role.
Please enable the bookmarks plugin to activate this feature.
Apply For job
To apply for this job please visit enna.org.