Born on the steps of a Vegas hotel, we were always going to be troublemakers. We started from one belief: that small businesses deserved better.
Paymentsense Ltd was founded in 2009.
With financial success, an impressive trophy cabinet (The Sunday Times Tech Track, Inc 5000, Great Places To Work to name a few) and a culture to be proud of, we knew we had built something great. In 2019, with 85,000 customers while steadily onboarding 2,500 more each month, we knew our customers could be happier, so we ripped up the rule book. To become genuinely customer-first in our culture and thinking, we identified all our customers’ pain points and created ‘The Wall of Pain’. That’s when we knew that to offer the best solutions, we needed to build a new product.
Dojo represents an enormous organisational shift; we had to restructure how we thought and did things. In a year since we officially launched Dojo, we’ve welcomed over 20,000 new customers, 500 new team members and called two brand new offices home. We’ve evolved into a dynamic, product-led business creating our own payments products, integrated card machines and transaction monitoring app. Here, we go home each day knowing we’ve made a difference —our industry-leading NPS score and 5-star Trustpilot rating tells us that!
At Dojo, we are curious, relentless and customer-obsessed. Our ambition is much greater than getting business owners paid. We’re turning transactions into meaningful relationships with a set of tools and technology designed to empower businesses to thrive in the experience economy.
Enabled by technology, but powered by people.
As we enter our next growth phase and embark on another exciting shift towards a B2B2C model following the acquisition of queue-management system and consumer app, Walkup, we have a lot of work to do. Over the next year, the business will transform again as we steady the ship for multinational growth and product diversification. We’re looking for people who can enhance our agility, ambition and risk-taking mentality while turning us into a well-oiled machine that’s well-positioned to shape the experience economy.
Customer Service in Bristol
Customers are the most crucial part of our business. They come first in everything we do. Every conversation you have with a customer is important to the whole team. When you identify a problem, everyone wants to fix it. You’re the frontline, the face of the company, the person with the most significant insights into what it’s like to use Dojo. You’re helping business owners, genuinely passionate people, get paid. You’re a protector, advisor, problem-solver and supporter. You’re a champion. And you’ll be handsomely rewarded as such, with pay that reflects impact and the trust to hold us accountable and keep us on track.
We’ve won 3 awards at the European Contact Centre and Customer Service Awards including silver for ‘Best New Contact Centre in Europe’. Dojo has also been recognised as one of the best workplaces for women – this is a true testament to the amazing team we have here!
We’re looking for passionate and engaging Technical Support Specialists to join our team, to provide outstanding technical support to our customers and work closely with our front line service team to resolve escalated customer issues across a number of products and services.
You may have a background working in a similar escalated customer care environment, or perhaps you’ve gained a technology focused degree and also have experience in customer facing environments. Maybe you’ve used a card machine yourself in retail or hospitality, and have a good understanding of them. Ultimately you love understanding how things work and have a natural proficiency for problem-solving.
You’ll be able to identify our customers’ needs through troubleshooting, resolve their problems and have an ability to communicate with our customers, delivering an outstanding service which goes above and beyond, on every occasion to every customer. You’ll gain satisfaction from bringing resolution and insight to each customer, helping them get back to what they do best – running their own business.
To be there for our customers when they need us the most, we operate an out of hours shift pattern (with hours between 8am – 11pm 7 days a week). We want the best talent, so we’ll pay the best – our Technical Support Specialists are rewarded with a top of market rate package of £31,850 plus the opportunity to earn up to £4,000/year bonus, based on individual performance.
What You Will Do …
- Provide technical support to our customers, performing remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques (over the phone, live chat and email)
- Provide support and guidance to our front line Customer Service team, to help to build their technical skills
- Take ownership of any challenges through to resolution, working towards ‘One Call Resolution’
- Utilise several in-house and external systems
- Build an excellent knowledge base of our systems and products
- Identify where we can do better for our customers and work closely with other departments, predominantly our technology team, to drive continuous improvements
What You Will Bring …
- Ideally, you’ll have proven experience in a similar technical help desk or customer support environment
- A passion for understanding how things work; perhaps you’ve built your own device, take things apart to understand it or you’re learning to code in your spare time
- Possess outstanding communication skills, maintaining composure and customer focus
- Have to be self-motivated and able to work as part of a team
- Be proactive with the ability to anticipate and resolve issues.
- Strong troubleshooting skills; a logical approach to problem solving combined with an analytical mindset
- Have confidence when being confronted with new systems and enjoy the challenge of building knowledge of new products and services
- Knowledge of Google Cloud Platform and SQL would be highly desirable but not essential.
- Flexibility to work shifts between 8am and 11pm Monday – Sunday
On top of a top quartile salary that reflects your skills and the markets we operate in, we’ve built a benefits package to show you how much we care about:
- Your growth with our ever-growing talent and leadership development offer and regular feedback through CultureAmp and Trust Cycles.
- Creating connections with our social clubs, communities, celebrations, social channels and more.
- Looking after your mind with support from our Employee Assistance Programme, access to Spill therapists and our mental health champions.
- Doing wellbeing properly with Vitality Health Insurance, free eye tests – plus, get those endorphins flowing with on-site fitness classes including yoga, boxing and HIIT.
- Protecting you and yours with Group life assurance, our salary sacrifice pension plan and 26 weeks full pay maternity and 10 weeks full pay for secondary carers after a year’s service
- Helping you give back with Payroll Giving (donate to a cause or charity of your choice, tax-free!) and a whole host of fundraising events for charities chosen by our employees
- Giving you the extras with up to 30 days holiday, a dog-friendly office, cycle to work scheme, season ticket loans and Dojo perks our platform with plenty of tasty hospitality and retail discounts.
Diversity & Inclusion
We are an Equal Opportunities employer committed to a diverse and representative team. Different opinions, perspectives and personalities push us forward. We want to hear from people who are passionate about their work and align with our values. Regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, neurodiversity or disability – whoever you are, if you’re curious, relentless and customer-obsessed, we want to hear from you.
Working From Home?
More and more, people are talking about going back to the workplace and the new normal. At Dojo, we’re thinking of it as a Better Normal. That means offering our Dojo-ers more choice and greater flexibility to work in a way that’s best for their particular job, their teams, and their roles.
We’re also aware there are times when working together in person is the best way to get things done. Our founders and executive team hold a fundamental belief that social connection creates innovation. We’re very proud of our incredible connective spaces, which have been designed with collaboration front of mind —and they’re dog-friendly so you can bring your best friend! Our London office recently won gold for Interior Design at the London Design Awards and we’re looking forward to emulating that success in our new Bristol and Hull offices too. We expect our Dojo-ers to connect in their hubs (that’s what we call our offices). That said, there’s no one-size-fits-all solution, so we expect all Dojo-ers and their teams will find the operating rhythm that works best for them.
If you’re wondering what it might be like for you at Dojo, our Talent Acquisition Team is happy to answer any questions.
Once you apply, your application will be reviewed by a committee of employees from different levels, teams, and experiences. We pride ourselves on fostering a sense of community, which is only made stronger by each individual at Dojo, so you’ll have the opportunity to meet a variety of people throughout the process. Get excited!
Want more info? Check out our careers page: https://dojo.careers
For Recruitment Agencies
We do not accept unsolicited CV, biography and/or other candidate material received from any third-party recruitment agency or organisation under any circumstances without the prior written approval of a member of our Talent Acquisition team.
Please do not contact us with unsolicited submissions as they will not be recognised by us for the purposes of ‘ownership’ of any candidate.
Please enable the bookmarks plugin to activate this feature.
Apply For job
To apply for this job please visit enna.org.