Enna’s ‘Working Styles Guide’ is a tool to help you understand how you like to work, which you can give to your colleagues to help improve your working relationship. It provides guidelines and recommendations for your colleagues to follow relating to communication, collaboration and other work-related activities.
Elements of our Working Styles Guide:
- Communication style
- Time management and productivity
- Task management and organisation
- Giving feedback
What are the benefits of completing it?
Neurodiverse teams can greatly benefit from completing our Working Styles Guide. Here are a few reasons why:
- Promotes understanding and respect. Our guide can help team members to understand and respect each other’s differences in communication, collaboration and other work-related activities. This can help reduce misunderstandings, conflicts, and promote a more inclusive and positive work environment.
- Helps support individuals needs. Your neurodivergent team members may have unique needs when it comes to their preferred working styles and preferences. By using our Working Styles Guide, it can help identify and accommodate these needs to ensure that everyone can work effectively and comfortably.
- Improved productivity and efficiency. By identifying and addressing potential barriers to productivity and efficiency, such as sensory challenges or a difficulty with certain communication methods, our guide can help improve overall team performance.
- Improves communication. Often, the vast majority of problems occur in the workplace are from faulty communication. By discovering each other’s communication preferences, this can improve communication and collaboration within neurodiverse teams.
- Learn more about yourself. Whether you’re neurodivergent or not, we don’t often take time out during the day to actually think about how we can work best. The guide enables individuals to reflect about their preferences, which can help them work better.
How do I use it?
- Download the guide. Use the link below to download it and save it onto your computer.
- Share it with your team. Send them this blog and the template so they can input their own working style.
- Fill it in yourself. Find a quiet space, free from distractions so you can spend some time developing your answers to the statements.
- Share and review your answers. When everyone in your team has completed their own, share everyones amongst the team. It would be good to put them into one area so everyone can view and reach each others.
- Arrange a team meeting to discuss everyone’s answers. It can be good to talk through them and develop a set of guidelines and team recommendations for team collaboration. What things can you all do as a team to collaborate better?
- Update and revise as needed. As new team members join, make sure they are developing their own guide and you are reviewing yours to ensure it’s relevant.
Have a question?
The Enna team is always happy to help! Click here to contact us.